Tuesday, January 29, 2008

"More charisma than guts."

Honest, I tried to watch Bush's LAST State of the Union. Your Revelator moodied back to ESPN's Oklahoma-Oklahoma State game; Hoops with ZERO rooting interest for me. Barack Obama applauding this Loosely Connected Nerve Net finished me off. It was worse than Pittsburgh Steeler HOF MLB Jack Lambert play kissy-face with the original, real Cleveland Browns. I treied cutting the smarm SOTU with two people from AirAmerica doing "Mystery Science Theater" meets
"Plan Nine From Outer Space" patter during the twaddle. No help. And so I fell off my self-imposed wagon and went in search of Christopher Hitchins' truly pathological hatred of nearly all things Clinton to wipe away my anomie.. The Hitch came through http://www.slate.com/toolbar.aspx?action=print&id=2182938

Advanced age is something like all those smooth rocks one finds on nearly any seashore: Enough time and water and jagged edges wear away. I don't hate Ronnie Reagan as I once did. Gipper was sincere in his monumental indifference for folks like me and my kids. Which is more than can be said for ANY Gip successor. The problem with sincerity in politicians can be summed up in Adolf Hitler's "Mein Kampf" [which, for you Trivia Fans, was first translated into English for his Stanford Ph.D. by future California Senator Alan Cranston]. While in Spandau Prison in 1922-3, Hitler dictated to Rudy Hess exactly what he would do if he ever became Chancellor of Germany. No one can say Hitler was not sincere about keeping his campaign promises.

And the point? Does Barack Obama, like Gip or Hitler, have the courage of his convictions? Does Barack actually HAVE courage and/or convictions? We're up to there with Works in Progress.

4 comments:

Joe said...

Yes, there are moments when the booze-soaked Hitchens is just the ticket.

I'm amazed to see so many people pouring all their hopes and dreams into what I ultimately think is the empty vessel of Obama. I can't help but think that the GOP is going to open him up like a boiled grape if he wins the nomination.

Doctor Bawb said...

Exactly, Bubs which is why I just subscribed to Roger Stone's The StoneZone.

Da Vinci went to autopsies
a big no-no in 15th c. Florence to see how bodies are constructed. Reading Roger is like a ringside seat in Dr. Lecter's ER Room. Barack will look like
O'Niell's Emperor Jones by late October. Bleccch!

Anonymous said...

Goooooo Patriots! Their victory parade will have to compete with Super Tuesday in Boston! I mean, which is more important at this point? The Super Bowl or Super Tuesday??

Doctor Bawb said...

Hokay, Miz T: I'll gamble a Sunday afternoon and oooooh-so-slightly pull for the Terrifcs.

If one's a Dicko-paranoid like Coach B, then do something with cinematic interest!" Like Bogart's ball-bearings in "Caine Mutiny." I don't ask for much...